Blog Archive

Thursday, June 28, 2012

My lovely mom...

My mom is the most selfless person I have ever met.  She is always trying to give us her food (really, it's a running joke in our family), her clothes, her shoes... anything she's wearing, doing, or eating, my mom offers to share.  Megan and I laugh about it because she does it constantly.

Unfortunately her visit came to an end very early this morning.  She woke up at 3:40am to take a cab to the airport at 4:00am, to catch her flight that left at 5:30am, to ride the Metro from the airport to Shady Grove, to take a BUS back to her neighborhood, to then walk the rest of the way home.  All with her suitcase.  "I'll be fine!" she said.  "It's good practice."



She treats everyone with kindness, holds herself with such grace, and is so incredibly generous.  I just want to let her know that I notice... and keep it all in my heart.  We love you, mom.

2 comments:

  1. First your haircut is so cute. Second, I love how you appreciate your mom. And I am glad you tell her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweetness. I love Mom too!!

    And your haircut is perfect that length.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am a stay-at-home mom to 3 energetic, funny, sweet, and crazy boys. I married my best friend, Chris, and love our life together. The Army is sending him overseas soon so I thought this blog would be a great way for him (and the grandparents!) to keep up with our hectic life. Unfortunately the Army keeps us too far from family and most of our friends so hopefully this will help us stay connected.