Blog Archive

Saturday, August 25, 2012

The homecoming!

Chris's flight arrived, as scheduled, at 3:45am on Friday morning.  I fell asleep around 10pm on Thursday and woke up at midnight, unable to fall back to sleep since I was excited and nervous about missing my alarm, set for 1:30am.  I got ready first and then woke the boys up at 2am.  We arrived at Green Ramp a little before 3am.  While Chris's flight was on time, it took forrrrrever for them to clear customs and de-board the airplane.  Meanwhile the boys were going back and forth and back and forth, outside and inside, inside and back outside, trying to find the best spot to see Daddy walk into the hangar.

Here are a few pictures from our special morning...


Even at 3am, Pete was hungry...



The big boys were being entertained by Petey...

Dancing


The soldiers march in...

Looking for Daddy in the crowd...

We found him.



While Pete wasn't sure about Daddy at first,
it only took a few hours until he was comfortable.





Needless to say, after getting so little sleep, we were exhausted by the afternoon.  We all fell asleep in various spots around the house at the same time.   I have a feeling it looked like a crime scene around here!   It feels great to be together as a family again!  Thank God he's back home safely.

3 comments:

  1. Love, love, love all of these pictures! So happy y'all are back together. Tears of joy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't be any happier for you all! Now...for the transition. May it seem seamless. And that little Pete takes to his daddy soon!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am a stay-at-home mom to 3 energetic, funny, sweet, and crazy boys. I married my best friend, Chris, and love our life together. The Army is sending him overseas soon so I thought this blog would be a great way for him (and the grandparents!) to keep up with our hectic life. Unfortunately the Army keeps us too far from family and most of our friends so hopefully this will help us stay connected.