Blog Archive

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Peter...

Sweet, sweet, TERRIBLE Peter.  Oh my goodness.  This child.  The other boys are naughty at times as well, don't get me wrong, but Pete.  Pete is non stop.  

Every morning when we drop Henry and Gabby off at preschool, Pete insists on sitting at the vanity at the back of the classroom...


He makes a bee-line for it and immediately starts brushing his hair with the nail polish wand... Meanwhile he "microwaves" Bunny in the pretend kitchen on the other side of the room.  The teachers and I just watch him go through his routine every morning and smile.


And lately he's taken to chewing holes in his pacifiers.  I'm really not sure what all that is about and while I'm sure you're thinking, "Oh he should be done with those anyway..." they provide a small respite in his otherwise constant babble and I'm not ready to lose those precious quiet minutes just yet!


One minute alone.  500 Q-tips...



While at Target to replace said pacifiers and Q-tips, I turned my back for ten seconds.  Ten... and this is what I found...


Opportunities to build "choo-choos" are everywhere, even out in public...


And let's not forget his insatiable desire for candy.  Pete was insistent that the black rubber circles, holding the flip flop in place, were "can-can." 


Here Peter is chewing the buttons on my shirt.  Now I assume (??) he was just being silly but I think he was really hoping the buttons were "can-can" since that's what he kept saying...


James and Henry were never climbers.  Heh heh heh.  Not so with Pete.  We find him on top of the counters ALL of the time.  He pushes chairs and stools around in order to climb up to get whatever he thinks he needs.  This has become a favorite resting spot...


For as crazy as my little guy is (and clearly he is!) there is always some time in the day that he finally stops.  Stops climbing.  Stops running.  Stops eating.  Stops talking.  And snuggles...


And that's when I breathe a big sigh of relief and say THANK GOD... because my fingertips were on the phone about to call an adoption agency!

2 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorite posts! Love. Love. Love. It shows just how mischievous, terrible, and darling your toddler can be and yet how much you adore him because of the quiet (as well as the crazy) moments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you describe the boys...no holding back! Everyday is funny and a new adventure. I love that you love watching it all! You're such a wonderful mom. I love you all. Gigi

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am a stay-at-home mom to 3 energetic, funny, sweet, and crazy boys. I married my best friend, Chris, and love our life together. The Army is sending him overseas soon so I thought this blog would be a great way for him (and the grandparents!) to keep up with our hectic life. Unfortunately the Army keeps us too far from family and most of our friends so hopefully this will help us stay connected.