Blog Archive

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Saturday...

Chris flew to Maryland early this morning for a special evening at his father's American Legion post.  Details and pictures to come, I'm sure.  :)

Because of a smattering of ice, James's basketball game was cancelled this morning.  No complaints from me of course, although James was disappointed by the news.  Instead we all went grocery shopping since my girlfriend, Heather, and her sons came over for dinner this evening.

While we were grocery shopping we found a special treat to celebrate the fact that James is the only 2nd grader in his school to pass the Math Masters subtraction exam!  He took the test on Friday afternoon and we are so very proud of him.  (Same drill as the addition test-- students have to answer 100 questions correctly in 5 minutes.)  He definitely enjoys working on math and I hope it's something he continues to excel in.

I took this picture on Friday before James
took the subtraction exam.

Hard to read but it spells
Math Master.  :) 

My sweet boy

James went to an ice skating birthday party while Henry, Peter, and I got ready for our friends to come over.
As a "helper," Peter might be considered...
worthless.

We had a great evening playing with our friends-- the boys played Legos, Heather and I drank wine and talked, and we all participated in a make-your-own-pizza bar with lots of toppings.  Here are the boys being silly after dinner.  We "gained" one extra boy, William, who came over after he and James went to the birthday party.

Peter, James, Hayden
William (squished in middle), Hank, John

Heather and her boys just left and William is going to spend the night.  Everyone is in their jammies and the house is finally quiet.  Fingers crossed the boys (and puppy!) sleep until 7am tomorrow...

#notachanceinhellbutonecandream

1 comment:

  1. Great job, James! That is so awesome. WooHOO!

    (also, for a second, I thought that person in the last photo had an extra finger!)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am a stay-at-home mom to 3 energetic, funny, sweet, and crazy boys. I married my best friend, Chris, and love our life together. The Army is sending him overseas soon so I thought this blog would be a great way for him (and the grandparents!) to keep up with our hectic life. Unfortunately the Army keeps us too far from family and most of our friends so hopefully this will help us stay connected.