Blog Archive

Friday, March 22, 2013

Treasure...

Every Thursday the children in Henry's preschool class get to pick a small gift from the Treasure Box if they've been well-behaved throughout the week.  Henry has brought home all sorts of interesting little tchotchkes... dragon figurines, stamps, tattoos, Batman rings... you get the idea.  He rifles through the box, I'm sure, and picks out all the special "boy" things he can find.  But yesterday was different.

He'd hardly gotten all the way in the door (Cortney drops him off from school) before he breathlessly asked me to close my eyes because he had a big surprise for me.

"Open them, Mom!"



He picked this princess crown for me.  He was so proud of it and so excited to give me a gift.  "I was going to wait to give it to you on Easter but I was too excited," he said.  Melt.my.heart.

And since no good deed goes unpunished, we had to act the fool while giving it to mommy...


I love these sweet, crazy boys of mine.  I may just wear my princess crown all day today...

1 comment:

About Me

My photo
I am a stay-at-home mom to 3 energetic, funny, sweet, and crazy boys. I married my best friend, Chris, and love our life together. The Army is sending him overseas soon so I thought this blog would be a great way for him (and the grandparents!) to keep up with our hectic life. Unfortunately the Army keeps us too far from family and most of our friends so hopefully this will help us stay connected.