Blog Archive

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Valentine's Weekend...

We were lucky to have Grandpa and Ita drive down this past weekend to see Chris before he leaves and watch the boys so Chris and I could have a night out in Chapel Hill alone.  It was a great weekend!

 The boys immediately wanted to show off their dance moves...


On Saturday morning, Grandpa and Chris took Henry to his last basketball camp!  
Henry's certificate was in the car.

Look how tall Henry is!
Then Grandpa (alone) took James and Henry to James's basketball game…
Nice shot, James!
On Saturday, after Chris and I squealed wheels out quietly left, they had a little party!

new shirts and pizza :)
 This little inflatable Scooby Doo sleeping bag was James's when he was little.  Grandpa and Ita brought it down for Peter who LOVES it.  He immediately put it in his shark tent they said.
Meanwhile, Chris and I had a great time walking around The Streets of Southpoint in Chapel Hill.  It was SO nice to be able to shop in stores like Athleta, Lululemon, and Nordstrom!  I can assure you, we have none of those stores in Fayetteville!

We stayed at The Siena Hotel which was beautiful and had dinner at The Top of the Hill, our Chapel Hill favorite.
Thank you, Keith and Marta, for braving the 16" of snow in Maryland (that fell the night before they left) and the 7" we received here to say goodbye to Chris and give us an opportunity to do the same.  We all had a fabulous weekend!  xo

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you were able to get away. This time is so stressful as it is...

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am a stay-at-home mom to 3 energetic, funny, sweet, and crazy boys. I married my best friend, Chris, and love our life together. The Army is sending him overseas soon so I thought this blog would be a great way for him (and the grandparents!) to keep up with our hectic life. Unfortunately the Army keeps us too far from family and most of our friends so hopefully this will help us stay connected.