Blog Archive

Friday, August 29, 2014

Tackle Football

James started tackle football a few weeks ago and loves it.  The first week was all conditioning-- Monday through Saturday, for an hour a half each time.  The coach had them sprinting, running, doing mountain climbers, jumping jacks, push ups, lunges every practice.  It was intense, especially since we live on the surface of the sun.  It's entirely too hot here still.

Chris and I wondered if the hard workouts would make James want to quit, but he never even so much as mumbled it under his breath. 



Funny
It's the first time I've genuinely enjoyed watching my kids play a sport.   James's excitement and interest level is so high he makes it fun to watch.  Right now Coach has James playing Wide Receiver and Quarterback.  We're excited for the season-- their first game is Saturday, Sept. 13th!  

2 comments:

  1. So awesome. James is starting to look like a "tween". I can imagine Henry and Pete think he's like a teenager. Watching James play football sounds so fun and fall-ish. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that picture of James where is he laughing. It is such a candid shot. And Henry in that bottom photo...I like how he has assumed the 'ready' position. When does he start to play?

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am a stay-at-home mom to 3 energetic, funny, sweet, and crazy boys. I married my best friend, Chris, and love our life together. The Army is sending him overseas soon so I thought this blog would be a great way for him (and the grandparents!) to keep up with our hectic life. Unfortunately the Army keeps us too far from family and most of our friends so hopefully this will help us stay connected.