Blog Archive

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Homes and (a ridiculously cute) Baby...

Chris spent almost the entire weekend in Chantilly, Va working on the townhouse we own.  Thankfully, Keith spent the weekend with him and the two of them did some major work preparing the house for the next family to move in.  We've owned the home for about ten years now and have been renting it out for the last 5 years so it needed a few updates… in the name of a new fence, all new carpeting (to be installed this week) and all new paint.  That's a lot of work (not to mention money!) but we really believe it'll help in the overall maintenance of the home.  Chris said the neighborhood is still awesome so we'd love to hang on to it as an investment property.  Thank you guys for all the hard work you put into it this weekend.  It already looks great!



Unfortunately Chris and his dad are returning this upcoming weekend to do more of the same.   Chris wants to see it with the new carpet and has a few more rooms left to paint.  I can't wait to see more pictures.

During a break, Chris and Keith stopped by Craig and Marissa's new home for dinner and to meet baby Dash.  I'm telling you, that kid is beyond cute and I cannot wait to squeeze him myself!

Their home is absolutely stunning-- it sits on 25 acres, has a pool, a pond, a garden, and woods to hunt.  I am genuinely surprised Chris and Keith left the premises.
From the pictures Chris took, it's just as gorgeous on the inside as it is on the outside.  
Unfortunately Craig is on a long business trip to Africa, but when he returns this fall, we'd love to make a trip up to see them again.
I can't say the boys and I did nearly as much while Daddy was away BUT… I did finally (finally!) figure out how to do double-unders!  (Double-unders are when you jump higher and spin the rope under feet two times super fast so it goes "double-under" your feet in one jump).  So we all checked a few "to-do" items off our list.  We're ready for the short week!  :)

1 comment:

  1. I remember that house! Such a nice place. I had no idea you guys still had it. What a lot of work for Chris but he must feel so accomplished! And you are right...that baby is so adorable.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am a stay-at-home mom to 3 energetic, funny, sweet, and crazy boys. I married my best friend, Chris, and love our life together. The Army is sending him overseas soon so I thought this blog would be a great way for him (and the grandparents!) to keep up with our hectic life. Unfortunately the Army keeps us too far from family and most of our friends so hopefully this will help us stay connected.